I have always said, when is finished – finished? I will just say it is finished for now. I will put it away for a few weeks then bring it back out to sit on my desk and see how I feel about it. It will tell me if it has been happy or not.
I have chosen a plain brown paper bag to house the book in. I considered some type of picture or statement on the front of the bag but I like it just plain…for now.
I added more to the cover as one part of the writings talks of collecting feathers and leaves and then I put brown paper tags on the strings.
Each tag is a Recipe:
- Recipe for Peace: 1 kg of Understanding – 3Kg Tolerance – 3Kg Kindness
- Recipe for Magic: 1 Tablespoon Curiosity, two deft hands – A sprinkle of magic dust
- Recipe for Love: One cup Romance – Two spoonfuls of joy one pinch humour – tablespoons trust 1Kg of Compatibility one cup r=Respect – 500grms Sharing – Zest of Tenderness and 1 Tablespoon of Patience.
- Recipe for Living: Equal amounts of Tolerance – Laughter – Curiosity – Kindness and looking after yourself
- Recipe for Fun: Equal amounts of Curiosity – Laughter and tapping into your ‘ child within.’
- Recipe for Friendship: 3 Cups of Kindness – 2 cups Understanding – One Heaped teaspoon of Patience – dash of Playfulness and season with Smiles and Laugher – ENJOY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.
Recipe for Life: 1Kg of Curiosity – 1 Kg of Laughter – 1Kg of Kindness – 1Kg Tolerance
I looked up definition of ‘Recipe’ and was surprised to learn that Recipe was the name of a Doctors prescription in the early days after the Latin word ‘recipere’ = to take to receive 1300-1400 Middle English (Wikipedia). So I have written all the definitions of ‘Recipe’ in white Pilot gel pen (I like Pilot the best).
On the opposite page of the book. I have carved out some shapes, abstract fern fronds and a window and in the pocket sits a photo I manipulated of fern fronds. The fern is pertaining to the written piece ‘A whole afternoon to Yourself’.
The rest of these photos are where I have added bits and pieces to the pocket flaps and underneath the flaps as well
I made and attached small paper bags (with their side open as well as the top) with a brad up in the corner adding a collage of photos and a ‘cut out’ leaf as a part of the gathering for that piece. I put them up their to add interest. Of course being attached by a brad…
One can play with them by moving them up to read the writing and see the pieces.
I have certainly found my ‘child within’ with this book. It seems finished but…..