Found this in the Shoestring Pension, Goreme, Turkey
1. Thou shalt not expect to find things as thou has left them home for thou has left thy home to find things different. Remember that if thou were to expect to stay in one place thou wouldst have been created with roots.
2. Thou shalt not worry nor shall thou take anything too seriously for a carefree mind is the beginning of a fine trip and few things are ever fatal.
3. Remember to take only one half the amount of clothes thee thinkest thee needeth and twice the amount of money.
4. Thou shalt not let the other travellers or tourists get on thy nerves for thou art paying good money to enjoy thyself.
5. Remember thy passport so thou knowest where it is at all times – for a traveller without a passport is a traveller without a country.
6. Thou shalt not act too cheap for we are lucky to be from western countries where we have the opportunity to travel abroad. If in doubt, ask thyself how many people thou sawest from third world countries visiting thy country in the west.
7. Thou shalt not show thyself too obviously as having thy nationality. When in Rome do somewhat as the Romans do and bring a curse on stereotypes.
8. Thou shalt make an effort to speak the local language. It showeth respect to the locals who art thy hosts and they shall treateth thee with much respect in return.
9. Thou shalt not judge the people of a country by one person with whom thou hast had trouble.
10. Remember thou are a guest in every land and he that treateth his host with respect is treated as an honoured guest.
Shoestring Pension is carved from the rock and so you get to stay in the coolest of cave atmosphere. The people that run it are the greatest. Our stay was something we will remember for ever.